What is going on in Silicon Valley?Posted: November 10, 2010
- Tired of defections to Facebook and elsewhere, Google is offering all of its employees a 10 percent salary increase.
- Twenty-five employees fired by Digg were immediately approached by other companies, including Twitter and Groupon.
- Talented college grads with no work experience are reportedly getting job offers paying $120,000 or (much) more.
- I.T. job postings are booming.
- Start-ups are being acquired just for their employees. Derek Andersen: “[L]ook at the number of companies getting acquired for talent by Google, Facebook, and now LinkedIn. Seems like someone is getting bought for talent every other week. It hasn’t been that way for a couple of years. A top tier developer friend recently told me that he’s been encouraged by many to start a company and sell to Google/Yahoo in 6-months for a big check just to acquire the team. I believe it’s 100% realistic.”
Something is happening here, and it sure ain’t deflation.