Tuition continues to rise faster than CPIPosted: June 20, 2010
- California State University trustees raise tuition by 5%.
- Oklahoma State to raise tuition by 4%.
- University of South Carolina to raise tuition by 6.9%.
- University of Alabama at Huntsville to raise tuition by 15%.
- Temple University to raise tuition by 5.9%.
- University of Wisconsin to raise tuition by 5.5%.
- 8.5% tuition rise at University of Tennessee at Knoxville likely.
Glenn Reynolds writes: “With only a few exceptions (like being admitted to Yale Law School or CalTech) I strongly recommend avoiding student loans. And I wonder — when you’ve got an industry whose prices have skyrocketed on a combination of consumer ignorance and cheap credit, what happens when consumers wise up, and credit gets harder to come by?”