Foreclosures are slowingPosted: March 3, 2010
Many analysts have been predicting a tidal wave of foreclosures in 2010, but so far there is no evidence of it. In fact, in many areas, the foreclosure rate has been declining:
- Miami Herald: Foreclosures in South Florida slowing
- Boston Globe: Pace of foreclosures may be slowing in Mass.
- INDenverTimes: Foreclosure filings fall, sales skyrocket
- San Diego Union Tribune: Foreclosures, defaults fall; analysts urge caution
- Los Angeles Times: Foreclosure activity falls 10% in January
In related news, XHB (the homebuilder’s exchange-traded fund) is at a 5-month high and is just shy of its 52-week high: